5k Registration Info
Printable for snail mail, click here.
5k Registration $25($45 Day Of)
Make your escape from the Authentic Old Jail to the Atlantic Ocean! Costumes encouraged, full trolley system for spectators and participants, huge costume party after and bicycle rodeo after the race! Bring the family for an opportunity like no other in the historic City of St. Augustine.
All registrants receive a sought after Velo Fest T Shirt, post race beverage and snacks, certified USATF 5k, handcuffs, we mean finisher medal, and FUN.Did we mention there is a 0.0 registration/costume party?
Can you make it before they catch you?
0.0 Costume Party $25(kids free)
All the perks of a 5k, except the run! We encourage costumes for the 5k but are excited to have you come welcoming all the escapees back to Jail! Kids are FREE and we have a Bike Rodeo and Fall Festival Activities for them! At the rodeo they will get bike lights and a helmet as well as get to test some bike skills. For the adults? Don't you worry. MBQ, entertainers, and someone mentioned Bloody Mary's and SweetWater Brewery on site? What a way to kick off your Halloween Weekend!
Bike Rodeo FREE
Kids 2-99 can test their bike acumen, receive a free fitted helmet thanks to VeloFest, the St. Johns County Sheriff Office and the FDOT as well as bike lights! This is also FREE thanks to our generous sponsors and anyone who comes also gets to enjoy delicious food from MBQ and all refreshments!
Each year in the State of Florida we experience more then 200,000 motor vehicle crashes where 5% involve bicycles or pedestrian road users. In an attempt to create significant change, VeloFest Community Initiative founded in 2011, produces events and education programs in St. Johns County and around Florida to heighten awareness. The goal is to create safer roads for all. We ask all participants to just "give em a break" each day. Most importantly give ourselves a break and be a better road user. More info can be found at www.velofest.org.
What We've Achieved
- St. Johns County Bike Route Maps
- "Light up the Bikes" Free Bicycle Light Program fro kids and the homeless.
- St. Johns County Bicycle Rodeo, 2000 free helmets to the community in 2 years
- Grant funding support, recently awarded $8million in trail funding for the River to Sea Loop
- "Don't Be A Salmon" education campaign
- FREE Community Bicycle Valet
- ADA Pedicab service for large city events
- Bike St.Augustine, to encourage ridership growth through information
- "Biking Along the Byway" PSA series in partnership with Scenic Byway & Visit Florida